Re: API compatibility

2011/9/8 Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mellor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> I think we should prepare to go home :) API gap bugs are regularly
>> added  to the bug tracker and I'm not really sure we are seeing the end of
>> them.
> At some point, we might lose the race implementing code to match the doc, and then we're going to have start taking stuff out of the doc to match the code instead.  That's fine, it just needs us to be realistic about how much we're going to get done between now and party day.

I would by far prefer removing stuff from the docs. If there's
something in the docs that the code actually doesn't do, there's no
way it's going to be in a state ready for release before release date.

I've lost track, though, of where this API doc lives now and who
"owns" it. Can we rip stuff out of it that doesn't match reality?

--
Soren Hansen        | http://linux2go.dk/
Ubuntu Developer    | http://www.ubuntu.com/