openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Re: Python wrappers for OpenStack APIs

I think the final solution will come from the openstack-integration-tests project. I think the novaclient project would be a reasonable choice if you're looking for a solution immediately. I agree that a good long term solution for httplib type tests would be to have a common request driver so that we can keep the actual requests out of the test code. There's an example of an implementation like this in my GitHub (https://github.com/dwalleck/zodiac), which is a test design pattern I've used in past with great success. I'd be very interested in hearing others opinions on this as well, as I think the decisions we make now will have long term effects on our test infrastructure going forward.

Daryl

From: openstack-qa-team-bounces+daryl.walleck=rackspace.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [openstack-qa-team-bounces+daryl.walleck=rackspace.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of David Kranz [david.kranz@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 10:11 AM
To: openstack-qa-team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Openstack-qa-team] Python wrappers for OpenStack APIs

I have been implementing some functional stress tests for nova.  It
seems that there are various pieces of Python code that have been
written to call the HTTP apis including novaclient as well as code that
is part of various test suites. There are also ueca-tools. It seems like
it would be useful to have a "standard" set of test driver code going
forward. Does any one have any comments about this, or a suggestion
about which client API code would be best to use?

  -David