openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Re: QA of XenServer features using Tempest

Hi John,

So I have a few questions to get this going:
•         Are there plans to start using Tempest to run (maybe nightly?) against trunk for Folsom?

We're finishing making sure everything is stable, but I think we're pretty close. I think Jay has been working on getting Tempest on a scheduled build with the OpenStack CI and hopefully soon after, begin gating on it.

•         I know we have smoketests running against XenServer, anything else at the moment that I might have missed?

The Tempest tests are for the most part hypervisor agnostic. The general plan to make sure this suite can run and configure itself on the fly to run against any implementation.

•         How do you plan to get from baremetal -> OS, is that scripted already? I planned on PXE installing the appropriate versions on XenServer, and doing a reboot (using SSH, or whatever) to trigger the reinstall. I noticed some PXE config inside DevStack for Ubuntu.

Pretty much the same as before. The tests are implementation agnostic and black box, so regardless of how the environment is deployed, there should be no issues. As we come across more hypervisor specific behavior, we've already started adding toggles to tests to run or skip tests based on the environment.

Daryl