openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Policy for Tests linked to existing Bugs

Hi,

What is the policy that we should or are following for test cases that fail due to an existing Open Bug in Launchpad?
For eg: https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/master/tempest/tests/test_list_floating_ips.py#L64 skips the test and posts the Bug ID in the message.

Do we submit the test for review with the @skip(until Bug #xyz is fixed) decorator applied? Or should we submit the remaining
tests and leave the failing test until the related bug is fixed?

There is no conditional skipping for this scenario, or we could implement the LP API to parse the Bug status as a tempest utility,
and then perform conditional skipping, though eventually we'd have to remove the decorator anyway.

Thanks!
-Rohit

Disclaimer:This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged, confidential, and proprietary data.  If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by replying promptly to this email and then delete and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use, copying or forwarding

Follow ups