openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Re: Testing XenServer

On 05/25/2012 08:38 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:
> Including JimB, MontyT, and DanP for some related CI needs...
>
> On 05/25/2012 05:12 AM, John Garbutt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> An quick update on the Citrix XenServer CI efforts.
>>
>> I have got some tests (based on DevStack) running tempest for trunk and
>> stable/essex with XenServer based DevStack deployments.
>
> Awesomesauce.
>
>> Once it proves to be stable, I will look into publishing the results on
>> submitted Gerrit changes (as per CI 3^rd party test wiki).
>
> Excellent. Monty, Jim, Dan, what are the current environments that we
> test XenServer installations with OpenStack *per commit*? Do we want to
> have a XenServer-based environment run in the same way as our existing
> gate-tempest-devstack-vm job that uses QEMU?

I think what John has suggested here (running externally via our 3rd
party testing interface) is the right way to go. Currently OpenStack CI
doesn't do any XenServer based testing, although I believe that Dan has
a XenServer based env in smokestack.

Monty