openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Re: What is going on with test_server_*_ops?

On 9/25/2012 10:35 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:
On 09/25/2012 09:38 AM, David Kranz wrote:
I heard from some of my team members that test_server_basic_ops and
test_server_advanced_ops were failing and I can reproduce it with
current devstack/tempest.
Looking at the code it seems that the keystone Client object does not
have a service_catalog object like the error says. So why is this not
failing the tempest build?
Looking at the transcript of a recent successful build I don't see any
evidence that this test is running but I don't know why that would be.

   -David

ERROR: test suite for<class
'tempest.tests.compute.test_server_basic_ops.TestServerBasicOps'>
Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/suite.py", line 208, in run
      self.setUp()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/suite.py", line 291, in setUp
      self.setupContext(ancestor)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/suite.py", line 314, in
setupContext
      try_run(context, names)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/util.py", line 478, in
try_run
      return func()
    File "/opt/stack/tempest/tempest/test.py", line 39, in setUpClass
      cls.manager = cls.manager_class()
    File "/opt/stack/tempest/tempest/manager.py", line 96, in __init__
      self.image_client = self._get_image_client()
    File "/opt/stack/tempest/tempest/manager.py", line 138, in
_get_image_client
      endpoint = keystone.service_catalog.url_for(service_type='image',
AttributeError: 'Client' object has no attribute 'service_catalog'
I wouldn't be surprised if this is due to a change in python-keystoneclient.

Dolph, was anything changed recently that might have produced this failure?

Thanks,
-jay

That is probably so but even when that is verified, I am still concerned that I see this with a fresh checkout of devstack/tempest but this is not failing jenkins
runs. How could that happen?

  -David