openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Re: Question about licensing header

Hi Daryl -

As I understand it (and I am not a lawyer), the Apache2 license
affords copyright assignment to the committer. It is correct to have a
header with a copyright from the company for which you worked at the
time of contribution. See
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html#apply.

For the Apache Software Foundation projects, Apache asks that they do
not add copyright statements to their header files. OpenStack projects
do not have such a policy statement that I know of.

Hope this helps!
Anne