From: "Jay Pipes" <jaypipes@xxxxxxxxx>
To: openstack-qa-team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: zulcss@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 5:53:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Openstack-qa-team] S3/EC2 test based on python-boto

On 10/22/2012 10:36 AM, Attila Fazekas wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am considering implementing test cases for using the EC2 and S3 API in tempest.
> I would like to know is anybody else working on this kind of tests ?

Hi! :) It's old, but Chuck Short (cc'd) once gave this a go and the code
review is still up on Gerrit:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/3064/

You could use that as a starting point for the EC2 tests if you
wanted... (hint: to download that branch to your local env, do this: git
review -d 3064)

> Do you mind If I add python-boto as a dependency. It is used by nova and swift as well.

No problem from me. Just add it in the requirements.txt file in the root
dir.

> Any suggestion about implementation details are welcome.

As much as possible, try to follow the example of existing code. Looking
forward to seeing this in Tempest. Once it is, we can get rid of the
devstack exercises stuff in our gate, as I believe the EC2 exercise is
the only one remaining that is not covered by Tempest.

All the best,
-jay