openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Re: [openstack-dev] Changes with ids/uuids?

In short, PKI tokens are able to be validated client-side, reducing network
chattiness with keystone, etc.

Although PKI was implemented in Folsom, it wasn't shipped as the default.
Our goal in changing the default now is to flush out any issues as early in
the Grizzly cycle as possible.

If you're having any issues with PKI tokens, you can A) file bugs as
appropriate (please!), and B) switch back to UUID tokens by changing
[signing] token_format in keystone.conf from 'PKI' back to 'UUID'.

-Dolph