openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Re: Changes with ids/uuids?

On 10/25/2012 12:49 PM, Daryl Walleck wrote:
You hit the nail on the head. I got a bit jumpy and ended up filing a bug to Keystone and got that same response, which explains the token. I suppose the flavor id change was intentional as well, but I would've expected it to be a uuid instead of a very large int.

You now own the bug report that I will point people at when this issue comes up in the future. Hopefully they will search before filing....

From: openstack-qa-team-bounces+daryl.walleck=rackspace.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [openstack-qa-team-bounces+daryl.walleck=rackspace.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Jay Pipes [jaypipes@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:38 AM
To: openstack-qa-team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ayoung@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openstack-qa-team] Changes with ids/uuids?

On 10/25/2012 01:13 AM, Daryl Walleck wrote:
While spinning up a new devstack tonight I noticed some very odd
behavior. Keystone is suddenly giving me back a 3000+ character auth
token, and the ids for flavors I'm creating are extremely large ints
(uuids I could see, but not this). Does anyone have any insight into if
either of these changes were intentional?
I believe you have run into the change that Keystone recently made that
switched to using PKI by default for token authentication in the services.

Adam, can you verify this is the case, and a remedy for Daryl?

Thanks much!
-jay