openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Script to prepare the stack for full tempest run.

Hi,

We wish to create some tool for automated preparation of stack for full tempest run. We need it to be able to work with deployment that has been prepared by Packstack [1].

Packstack can give as an output some "answer file", which is actually an ini file. We can parse that file, take some other values as input, for example images locations, ... and create a tempest.conf accordingly.

The questions now are:
 * Should this be a part of Tempest?
 * Should this be a separate project?
 * Should this be a part of the Packstack?
* What about other deploying tools - should that tool have several frond-ends?
 * Does anybody have something already?

Any comments?

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Packstack

PS: As Attila Fazekas pointed, most things we can find dynamically from the keystone/nova. True, but I don't quite like the idea to ssh to nova host to get nova SQL password and tricks like that.

Jaroslav Henner

Follow ups