Re: Architecture for Shared Components

Hi Jorge,

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 05:34:59PM -0500, Jorge Williams wrote:
>    I'm not that familiar with WSGI but it looks like you're proposing
>    something similar to what I have above.
>
>    WSGI may indeed be the solution, but I would say, what should be split
>    into  a separate app should be determined by a specific deployment. We
>    should have the capability to split things as needed as an inherit
>     feature of the architecture.

The diagram you had is exactly what WSGI provides. It's a way to
layer differnet steps in the request chain, and we can easily process
them from method to method, or push out across a HTTP transport as
needed. Up until this point, whenever you mentioned a 'proxy' I was
assuming you meant a full HTTP proxy and not just a method call. So
I think we're all on the same page now. :)

-Eric