OpenStack API 1.1

A blueprint and proposed spec for OpenStack API 1.1 has been posted and I would love to get feedback on the specification.

Blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/openstack-api-1-1

Spec wiki:
http://wiki.openstack.org/OpenStackAPI_1-1

Detailed Spec:
http://wiki.openstack.org/OpenStackAPI_1-1?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=c11-devguide-20110209.pdf

We'd like to finish up as much of the API implementation for cactus as possible, and in particular we want to make sure that we get API extensions correct as early as possible.  Other new features in the 1.1 spec include the ability to view both IPv4 and v6 addresses, migration to the OpenStack namespace and moving from image IDs in responses to URIs (imageRef) for the image.  There may be some additional changes as well, please jump in if I missed some.

I will add details to the wiki page as needed based on discussions on the mailing list.

Thanks, and let me know if you have questions.

Gabe

Follow ups