Re: Multi Clusters in a Region ...

Hi Jay,

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 07:05:14PM -0500, Jay Pipes wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand what the benefits of naming a zone as a URI
> as opposed to just some name that describes it ("USNORTH",
> "WINDOWSCAPABLE", "HIGH_SLA", whatever)

Those names feel more like attributes of a zone to me, something that
the host would would push up to the scheduler. We can keep the zone
names arbitrary and simply have a 'location' attribute on each zone
instead if folks don't want to use it as the name.

I'm just trying to ensure we have a consistent location convention
across projects so we can fulfill the types of queries I mentioned. I'm
still not sure the best way to go about it, but simply using URI's
with suffix matching seemed to be the simplest and most obvious.

-Eric