From: openstack-bounces+rick.harris=rackspace.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [openstack-bounces+rick.harris=rackspace.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Ahmed El Gamil [ahmed@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 1:48 AM
To: openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Glance, libvirt/kvm snapshots

Hi Guys,

So The guys over at IRC convinced me that posting that to the mailing list would be cooler to solve/discuss, so don't let me down :).

Basically i'm working on launching an instance via the openstack API, using the Bexar release and the python-novatools (the novatools command), The hypervisor is KVM and Glance is used for Imaging(image_service=nova.image.glance.GlanceImageService).

After using the boot subcommand in novatools, the instance is marked as "build" and i get the following errors in the logs:

 2011-02-16 09:23:23,535 ERROR nova.compute.manager [F--YCJOZ14LY9LTFHYH1 c9er openstack] instance 7: Failed to spawn
(nova.compute.manager): TRACE: Traceback (most recent call last):
(nova.compute.manager): TRACE:   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/nova/compute/manager.py", line 211, in run_instance
(nova.compute.manager): TRACE:     self.driver.spawn(instance_ref)
(nova.compute.manager): TRACE:   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/nova/exception.py", line 122, in _wrap
(nova.compute.manager): TRACE:     raise Error(str(e))
(nova.compute.manager): TRACE: Error: Unexpected error while running command.
(nova.compute.manager): TRACE: Command: /usr/bin/curl --fail --silent http://<ip address>:3333/_images/2/image -H 'Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:23:23 GMT' -H 'Authorization: AWS ba97af70-24cf-4054-9185-ecf925d71385:openstack:sIAZBh7GJ7dE8urnZhvwla7upgY=' -o /var/lib/nova/instances/_base/2
(nova.compute.manager): TRACE: Exit code: 22
(nova.compute.manager): TRACE: Stdout: ''
(nova.compute.manager): TRACE: Stderr: ''
(nova.compute.manager): TRACE:
libvir: QEMU error : Domain not found: no domain with matching name 'instance-00000007'

ttx on IRC told me that it shouldn't fetch a :3333 URL, but that was fixed in a bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/708673

Any hints on what could cause that ? did anybody work with novatools against kvm/glance ?

Thanks in advance.

at abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, and delete the original message.
Your cooperation is appreciated.