Re: Novatools ... where to place in /nova/?

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Sandy Walsh <sandy.walsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yup, this looks like the "super tool" that jay was talking of earlier (odd too, since that's something I'm using accused of being)
>
> I kind of like it as well, since it permits swift, nova and glance to have their own client tools, but fit within the larger umbrella (and tab-completion/hints work ;) We just need to make sure each toolset shares a common infrastructure so it can plug in.
>
> That said, for now I'm going to move novatools into nova, rename to oscompute and get on with my life.
>
> Unless anyone screams, I'll put it in nova/clients/python/oscompute

I'd prefer os-computer over oscomputer, but that's a nit...

The way we structured it in Glance is that /glance/client.py contains
the client that speaks the Glance REST API. "Tools" go into bin/,
including CLI tools. So, bin/ contains not just the servers
(glance-api and glance-registry), but also the daemon control tool
(glance-control, similar to swift's bin/swift-init) and now CLI tools
like glance-admin and glance-upload.

Just a thought,
jay