Re: Novatools ...

I'd like to go on record as saying that anything related to nova or
openstack that doesn't allow you to configure which public API you're
consuming shouldn't bear the name nova or openstack.  If you look at
http://nova.openstack.org/ you see "API Compatibility" in bold as one
of our design guidelines.  This agnosticism should apply to clients as
well.

If I use something called 'nova' or 'openstack', I expect it to run
against my installation regardless of my particular configuration is.
It is now (with paste.deploy) trivial to run one API (ec2) and not the
other (cloudservers).  If we're writing a tool that only uses the
cloudservers api, it clearly doesn't run against any openstack
installation, so shouldn't have the names nova or openstack associated
with it.

I'm glad novatools exists and we're getting a library that consumes
one of our APIs, but lets not call it 'nova' or 'os'.  We could in
fact just keep calling it 'cloudservers' as that is the API it
exercises.

-todd[1]