Re: State of OpenStack Auth

2011/3/2 Michael Barton <mike-launchpad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Soren Hansen <soren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'd like to just mention this blog post:
>>
>>   http://www.imperialviolet.org/2010/06/25/overclocking-ssl.html
>>
>> tl;dr quote:
>>
>>    If you stop reading now you only need to remember one thing:
>>    SSL/TLS is not computationally expensive any more.
> Oh, thank goodness.  I had this dream where it took a non-trivial
> amount of infrastructure to get many tens of gbps of SSL throughput.

Oh, how I love sarcasm.

I don't know this for a fact, since I have no way to measure how much
traffic various companies generate, but I get the impression Google
deals with a fair bit of network traffic. At least enough that I pay
attention when they're sharing their experiences in doing so. Their
analysis looks pretty good. Can you point out some of the weak spots
or perhaps explain why it doesn't apply to our use cases?

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Developer    http://www.ubuntu.com/