Re: [Merge] lp:~mdragon/nova/multi-tenant-accounting into lp:nova

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 06:36:14PM -0600, Monsyne Dragon wrote:
> On 3/3/11 5:51 PM, Eric Day wrote:
> >Getting into this a bit more, I'm not sure this is something that
> >should be the default. For CloudServers v1.0 token auth compatibility,
> >I'm not even sure this is the best path. It seems like this is
> >something that should be handled at the service level with the
> >API version, not by the token server. For v1.0, account=user from
> >token. For v1.1, just look at the path element for account.
> sorry, a bit confused...   "I'm not even sure this is the best
> path"...  'this' == ?  (mental buffer overflow here...)

This == putting the account in the service URL during token
auth. Rather than return:

https://nova.openstack.org/v1.1/<account_id>

for old clients, it seems returning:

https://nova.openstack.org/v1.0/

makes more sense. The v1.0 handler would then not look for account_id
in the path and simply set account=token user. In other words, there
is more than one way to fix this, via base URLs or API versioning. It
seems like a better fit for API versioning than service URLs.

-Eric