Re: GLANCE: How to deal with SQLAlchemy-migrate problems

Do we have patches for approach #3?  I'm thinking that if we have a few
specific issues, that maybe we could maintain our own branch and/or
monkey-patch SA-migrate, and get a better handle on the problem, and the
upstream's project receptiveness to patches (rather than bug reports).

It's a bit more work now, but avoids a major change at this stage of the
release.  One upside is that we'll hopefully have a better understanding
when it comes time to write a replacement if we decide to go down that road.

My experience of SA-migrate was that it seemed powerful, but the
documentation wasn't worth the paper it was written on :-)  It may be that
we can fix a few bugs, figure out the "SA" way to do things, and end up
happy.

Justin