vSphere support merged

The hypervisor-vmware-vsphere-support blueprint merged yesterday, so Nova can now use VMware's hypervisors on the compute nodes.  This brings the OpenStack compute options to seven: vSphere, XenServer/Xen Cloud Platform, Xen,  Hyper-V, KVM, QEMU, and UML.  LXC isn't far behind, which will make eight.

I don't normally go all Oscar Ceremony over a branch merge, but this was 5000 lines of code and over 3 months of effort, so I thought that a few thank-yous were in order:

·         Neeraj Koul, Rochanglien Infimate and Sateesh Chodapuneedi for the code itself and for the automated QA systems.

·         Ravi Gururaj and Milind Barve for project requirements, management and sponsorship.

·         Armando Migliaccio and Salvatore Orlando for extensive peer review before we brought the branch to the community.

·         Jay Pipes, Rick Harris and Rick Clark for the multiple review phases after that.

·         Anne Gentle for assistance with documentation.

·         Søren Hansen for updating the Hudson environment at short notice to get the merge completed.

·         Thierry Carrez for release management and keeping us on track.

Thanks everyone,

Ewan.

Follow ups