Re: Creating a forum

It's certainly a matter of personal preference, but I absolutely hate forums.

I hate that I cannot interact with them using clients that I choose.
No, the fact that I can choose between different web browsers doesn't
count. E-mail and usenet, for instance, are excellent means for
communication. I hate that I have to poll forums to see if anything
new is happening. E-mail notifications from forums frustrate me even
more, because I can't just reply to the e-mail to respond to the
thread.

Give me a forum that has an NNTP interface, and we can talk. :)

I totally understand that I'm reasonably alone in this (the endless
amount of forums with even more endless amounts of users all over the
Internet clearly demonstrates that I'm at least a minority), so don't
let me hold you guys back if you all love forums. I just know from
experience that try as I might, I'm not likely to maintain any sort of
motivation to participate in forums for any useful amount of time.

It may be a cultural thing, so it may work out completely differently
for OpenStack, but I think the number of Ubuntu core developers who
frequent the Ubuntu forums can be counted on one hand. Probably even
with fingers to spare.

--
Soren Hansen        | http://linux2go.dk/
Ubuntu Developer    | http://www.ubuntu.com/