Re: Creating a forum

The best, which is relative, and one of the most widely used forum apps is vbulletin <http://www.vbulletin.com/>. It's commercial, but inexpensive ($195.00 US). Their new CMS product ($295 US) also looks interesting. In addition to all of the standard vbulletin forum functionality we could provide community members with blog space for articles. It allows for tagging, cross posting from forums to docs and blogs, etc. I don't have any experience with the app but it could be an interesting Open Stack social experiment.

Kevin