nova install from source code

Hi,

Which is the best method on installing nova from source code or any direction to move over this hurdle is appreciated!

We have followed http://wiki.openstack.org/InstallFromSource to install latest trunk or Cactus.tgz, but it always gets me to following error and leaving vm stuck in scheduling mode with scheduler.log showing "(nova): TRACE: NoValidHost: Scheduler was unable to locate a host for this request. Is the appropriate service running?" and mysql locked up and can't be log-in to check compute-nodes status.  Googled to find it would need nova-compute/nova-network to start, so apt-get installed but still no help since it can't locate libvirt.xqemu.xml.template.  Through the way, we also need to change mysql access from root@% to root@localhost to keep "nova-manage db sync" happy.

We had also followed http://wiki.openstack.org/NovaInstall/Bexar to install Bexar release ok, but the same process to install Cactus or latest trunk turns out to pull in a lot of packages manually and not quite successfully.

If we follow http://wiki.openstack.org/InstallFromSource do we need to run setup.py build & install, or any extra steps to be aware?  I suspect it can take the nove-compute tools comes with the source code.

Thanks,
-Fred