Re: python-novaclient vs. python-openstack.compute

On May 18, 2011, at 2:17 AM, Soren Hansen wrote:

> Yielding to jacobian (or someone else external to the project) helps
> keep us honest, since someone outside the project would look at the
> API docs to extend their client tools, and will hopefully point out if
> there's divergence between the API docs and the actual exposed API.

	I don't think it's that simple. Right now, novaclient isn't simply a tool for external access to the API; with the advent of zones, it's also the glue that connects zones together and manages all inter-zone communication. None of that would probably ever make it into a tool developed and maintained by a non-nova developer.

	If we go with relying on external versions of the client, we'll definitely need to at least extend it or replace it for the zone communication parts.

-- Ed Leafe