Re: [Nova] Unassigned essential Diablo specs

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 2:59 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hello Nova developers,
>
> Also note that plan to decouple network services is partially assigned:
> Refactor Networking - assigned to Ryu Ishimoto
> Implement clear rest API for networks (diablo-3) - unassigned
> Integrate Network Services (diablo-4) - unassigned

Hi Thierry,

At the least, I know that Troy Toman, Rick Clark and I (lp-id danwent) will
all be working on making sure the necessary Nova changes happen to enable
Quantum, Melange, and Donabe.   We've already been communicating with Ryu on
that front as well to try and make sure the internal nova network
refactoring plays nicely with our work.   If you are looking to assign it to
someone, any of us should work as we coordinate pretty closely.

The third blueprint is from before the diablo summit.  Based on discussions
at the summit we've now written up more detailed blueprints (see below) that
describe the consensus from an even larger set of inputs and thus this
blueprint is now out of date. It may make sense to keep the blueprint itself
around to track dependencies on other nova blueprints and as a pointer to
blueprints for Melange, Donabe & Quantum, but I would vote for unlinking the
spec portion of the blueprint as it is no longer being updated and is out of
sync with current plans.  I have added a link to the old spec document on
the network-service wiki for archive purposes.

Dan

Melange blueprints:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/melange-network-info-svcs
Donabe blueprints: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/donabe
Quantum blueprints: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/network-service (ignore
donabe blueprints here, they need to be removed by lp-admin)