Re: OpenStack API, Reservation ID's and Num Instances ...

2011/5/23 Sandy Walsh <sandy.walsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Additionally, and less important at this stage, users at the summit
> expressed an interest in being able to specify instances with something
> richer than Flavors. We have some mockups in the current host-filter code
> for doing this using a primitive little JSON grammar. So, let's assume the
> Flavor-like query would just be a string. Thoughts?

We'd lose the ability to rely exclusively on a fixed set of topics in
the message queue for doing scheduling. With a fixed set of relatively
simple flavours, each compute node could simply subscribe to the
topics representing the flavours for which it still has capacity. As
it fills up, it could unsubscribe from that topics representing the
larger flavours.

--
Soren Hansen        | http://linux2go.dk/
Ubuntu Developer    | http://www.ubuntu.com/