Re: Integrating GlusterFS with OpenStack

Devin Carlen wrote:
Hi Shehjar,

Nova's block device volume service currently has support for several
backends and is made in an abstract way so that adding support for
Gluster should be a reasonably simple implementation.

There is a new project called Lunr being developed that aims to separate
the volume code from Nova and have it be implemented as its own stand
alone service.

Thanks Devin, those two are my main focus areas. I will be coming back with more questions in a couple of days.

Regards
-Shehjar

There was also some conversations around using Gluster as a ring backend
for OpenStack's object storage system named Swift.

In short, I think there are quite a few places that Gluster can provide
value to the OpenStack ecosystem.

Devin