Java application over openstack

Hi,

Not sure whether this is the right place to post this question.
I'm new to Openstack and trying to write a java application by using
Openstack API. I read admin manual on the openstack site. It talks about
using "nova-manage" to create the project, user and network. That's CLI
interface. I'd like to do the same thing through openstack API. Is it
doable? Is there any example available?

I saw there are two api-server, one is nova-api, the other is
nova-direct-api. Which one I should use? When I followed the manual, it
seems that only nova-api is started. Should I start direct api
server separately?

Best,

Rajesh