proposal for predefining relationship of project, network and network node

Hi, everyone

I'm very sorry for having sent you an unfinished email by an error last
week.

For practical purposes, I would like to propose adding a feature to
nova-manage command.
I think that nova-manage is not equipped with two features.
One is a feature to set a network to specific project.
The other is a feature to set network to specific network node.
If we currently want to do these, we need to update a column in DB directly.
I am going to explain reasons below.

1) To set a network to specific project.
Merging multi-NIC branch, we can use a multi-NIC feature.
To decide a number of NIC at a VM instance,
Nova refers a number of networks related to a project that the VM joined.
But there is no way to set networks to a specific project without updating a
column in DB.

I propose adding a interface to nova-manage as following

nova-manage network create public 192.168.0.0/24 1 254 F "" "" "" "" "" ""
PROJECT_ID

2) To set network to specific network node
If compute node has multi physical NICs connected to separated network
segment,
Nova can't specify a network host that bridge interface should connect to by
oneself.
So, we need to relate a network to network host if we use multi physical
network segment.

I would like to add a interface to nova-manage as following

nova-manage network create public 192.168.0.0/24 1 254 F "" "" "" "" "" ""
"" NETWORK_HOST

I attach a picture that explain 2) situation.

Regards,

Keisuke Tagami

--------
Keisuke Tagami

NTT Information Sharing Platform Laboratories

Tel: +81 422 59 6269
E-mail: tagami.keisuke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

9-11, Midori-Cho 3-Chome Musashino-Shi, Tokyo 180-8585 Japan
--------