Re: some newbie questions

Ok, it worked:

[QEMU (instance-00000001)]

Starting SeaBIOS...

This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU,  but only detected an i686 CPU.
Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate to your CPU.

It seems to me that it refers to my Ubuntu installation on the guest, I've
used ubuntu-10.10-desktop-i386.iso , I probably should have
used ubuntu-10.10-desktop-amd64.iso . Can anybody confirm this before I
spend half a day on re-installation?

Will be much obliged, -Aron