[Glance] D4 Update and Request for Bug Zappers

Hi all!

First, I'd like to give a BIG shout-out to the contributors who helped
fix bugs and write features for the jam-packed D4 milestone release of
Glance:

Brian Waldon
Johannes Erdfelt
Justin Shepherd
Kevin L. Mitchell
Monty Taylor
Rick Harris
Soren Hansen

You can check out the list of feature blueprints and bugs fixed in the
D4 milestone release (scheduled to be cut tomorrow morning, US time)
here:

https://launchpad.net/glance/+milestone/diablo-4

In Summary, the following features were added in the D4 milestone:

* Completion of the S3 driver - now POST and DELETE are supported
* Integration with Keystone Authentication
* Shared (Private) Image Groups API
* Notification Events system
* Support i18n and l10n
* Refactor storage drivers to be stateful
* Refactoring test suite to remove stubbed DB API and DRY it up

Here are some of the bugs fixed in D4:

* SWIFT driver support for images > 5G
* Enable ServiceNET for Swift backend
* Allow Glance to log to syslog
* GET /images returns invalid value
* glance should fail more gracefully on requests for images that have
been removed from the fs
* Registry db api marker implementation does not respect sort_key/sort_dir
* Glance incorrectly checking whether image-cache is enabled
* Installs top-level tests module
* Unable to register image with FS backend
* glance/common/utils.py creates dangerous "execute" function that
uses the shell to run commands without filtering meta characters

For those eager hackers out there, here are some bugs that you can
work on that need some attention. If you can do them today, they'll be
cut into the D4 release:

* Log files not rotating correctly:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/772397
* 'glance add' treats size=xxx as a normal property
https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/825024
* glance sets image size to 0 for http images -> yields connection
reset error on GET
https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/794582

Anybody fixes one of the above bugs today, I'll buy you a beer at the
design summit (or two) :)

Cheers!
jay