Re: Issues with Packaging and a Proposal

hi all,

I'd like to offer up something here.   We are in the process of spinning up a local instance of suse's open build system.

I had brought up in the past about using the current public service as an option.   I know now that the public obs isn't really an option due to changes we are currently making to add additonal distros not getting into the public service fast enough.

However, I would like to throw it out there for discussion.  If I were to provide our instance as an option for building packages for all distro's as a way to coordinate all the package builds w/o recreating the wheel....  Does the rest of the community see this as a viable option which they would consider using?  This is some serious hardware that I am dedicated to the cause.  We will be using it for cross distro builds of the LIS components for hyperv, so we are already doing the work to add/cleanup ubuntu and centos builds to what already exists in the OBS today.