Re: Announcing Nova subteams

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 1:56 AM, Vishvananda Ishaya
<vishvananda@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nova Testing Cleanup Team
> https://launchpad.net/~nova-testing
> We have discussed cleaning up the unit tests and separating out integration
> tests for a while, but this needs a specific team to focus on it.  We need
> volunteers and a lead.
> lead - (no lead yet)

Good stuff, Vish, thanks for sharing! Just an FYI, part of the
OpenStack QA team (folks from NTT) is focusing on cleaning up and
improving the unit test coverage and quality of Nova. The OpenStack QA
team meets regularly (Wednesdays at noon EDT) and you should have
started seeing a steady stream of incoming bug reports regarding test
coverage and fixes.

For each component in Nova, the NTT team is writing traceability
matrices (test analysis documents) and submitting bug reports when a)
the specification for a component does not match the code behaviour,
b) when there is no specification for a pieces of code, and c) where
tests are not actually testing the correct behaviour. You can see
these bugs and traceability matrices in the bug reports (as Google
Docs spreadsheets) here:

http://bit.ly/paxoxj

I recognize that branches are linked in Launchpad instead of Gerrit,
and I'm working with the NTT folks to correct that.

Nati-san from NTT is leading his team and can be a good contact for
the small/unit testing side for Nova.

Cheers!
-jay