Re: [RFC] Stable branch

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 04:58:58PM +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've posted a proposal for how the stable branch could work here:
>
>   http://wiki.openstack.org/StableBranch
<SNIP>

Hi Mark,

Firstly, apologies for not replying to this sooner.

Next, I'd like to thank you for taking the initiative in getting this
moving.

Generally, the whole proposal on the wiki page is pretty sane.  I do
have two comments.

"The stable branch will only be maintained until the next release is
out." - Does this explicitly need stating?  If contributors want to
continue to propose changes to this for a longer term, is this a
problem?  I see it that the branch will naturally stop being
maintained as contributors lose interest?

"Security patches".. This procedure needs better expansion, with how
the stable team work with new (has it arrived yet?), security team.

In addition, i've reviewed there proposals you have pushed to Gerrit..
and jenkins seems to be doing the right thing!  It seems to be working
\o/.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker