Re: Git repository for packaging

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 09:55:48 +0100
Dave Walker <DaveWalker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 03:06:53PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've found my way through https://github.com/openstack, and I'm
> > happy to see that mostly everything is there now. However, I've
> > found still missing:
> >
> > - python-novaclient
> > - the debian folder for packaging files (there's no branch for that
> > either)
> >
> > Is there any plan to fix this?
>
> I'm not sure this is a core project as yet.  Currently it's developed
> on https://github.com/rackspace/python-novaclient .
>

> > Also, I've seen numerous patches in debian/patches in the Ubuntu
> > package. Why aren't these sent to the "upstream" github diablo
> > branch?
> >

> Seriously?
>
> All the patches have been submitted or landed in trunk.
>
> diablo-stable only opened for business yesterday.  Some
> have landed which were the same patches that markmc identified.  Give
> us a chance, please.
>
> You are also welcome to propose these patches if it is blocking you.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Dave Walker

Also with the packaging branches they are still located on launchpad at:

https://code.launchpad.net/~openstack-ubuntu-packagers

For Ubuntu specific nova you can find it at:

https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-server-dev

As Dave said, all the patches we are carrying have either been
submitted upstream already or have been cherrypicked from the essex
branch.

Thanks
chuck