Re: describing APIs for OpenStack consumers

On 10/27/2011 05:52 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
Generating WADL (or anything else) from code is fine, as long as we have the processes / tools (e.g., CI) in place to assure that a trivial code change doesn't make a backwards-incompatible change in what we expose to clients.
You bring up a really good point here.
Do we?

I doubt it. I vaguely recall there were WSDL backwards compatibility checkers, which implies there must be XSD backwards compatibility checkers. I don't know of anything that can do this for WADL. And without some mechanism to define a JSON format in a machine readable way, I'm not even sure how you could possibly accomplish this for JSON.

(really, we should have these in place regardless of how things are generated)
We should.