Blueprint Targeting and Team Leads

Hello Everyone,

We are modifying the way that we are targeting blueprints a little bit for nova.  We are now marking blueprints accepted for essex only when they have a milestone target and an assignee. That will keep this page a bit cleaner:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/essex

You can still see all of the potential blueprints on the regular blueprints page:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova

Blueprints marked Approved are ones that I think have a good chance of being addressed in essex.  I've attempted to give the blueprints a priority that represents how important I think they are for the release.  Third party and non-essential features I generally set to Low priority.

We need to spend a lot of time focusing on Stability for this release, so I would like all major feature changes to be in by essex-3.  That way we can have an entire milestone for bug fixing and stress and performance testing. This means we need the large feature changes to be assigned and targeted to e-2 and e-3 now.  There are still quite a few blueprints assigned to a subteam without a specific person assigned.  I need some help from the Teams to start tackling features now or they will not make it in time for Essex.

Team Leads, here is an overview of the blueprint process. I'm setting the Drafter field and the Assignee field to the subteam.  This will allow you guys to change the Assignee to an individual and still allow the blueprints to be editable and show up on the team blueprints page. The team blueprints can be found by sticking ~team-name after blueprints.launchpad.net, for example:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/~nova-feature-parity

Here are the blueprint responsibilities of the subteam leads:

1) Create blueprints for any features that are being worked on in your area and ping me about getting them approved.
2) Prioritize any blueprints that have not been prioritized.
3) Assign approved blueprints to a specific person and target them to a milestone.
4) Mark the blueprint implemented when the code has landed
5) Communicate with me if you are running into any issues

I would really like to get the landscape for e-2 and e-3 clarified as much as possible in the next few days. Please spend some time targeting blueprints.

Thanks,
Vish