Contributor Introduction: Lloyd Dewolf

Hello stackers!

This is an email to introduce myself.

You may know me as my stage name Lloyd Budd [1] from the still hit TV
show WordPress, where I've participated these last 6 years, the last 5
working for Automattic as WordPress.com VIP Services Technical Lead
(pointy haired non-programmer) mostly in support, quality assurance,
and outreach (commenting on blogs, ha!).

One of my favorite experiences in the WordPress community has been the
success of my brainchild "Happiness Bars" support desk [2] at
WordPress WordCamp conferences. Every year (4), I ran the Happiness
Bar at WordCamp SF ( sf.wordcamp.org ) the biggest, and granddaddy of
the WordCamps.

I don't know if we are currently doing these at OpenStack related
community events, but I'd be eager to participate. Later all get some
info in the wiki, and start a separate thread.

You may also know me from the cancelled show Flock, "the Social
Browser". "Web 2.0" poster child that never did well in the ratings. I
was an early team member there, but only stayed a year of it's 6 year
existence. I did a short stint before that working on the un-Netscape,
unopen Netscape 8 browser and 9 -- the team behind it was incredible,
but AOL insisted on a monstrosity and so that is what we created [3].
I did some small Firefox participating along the way.

My career started with 4 years with IBM on a special DB2
Multi-platform (Windows, Linux, Unix) High Availability and Down
Systems team as a Advanced Support Analyst. My OSS participations at
the time were confined to my local LUG -- I am reminded of one gem
where I asked Debian Legal "GPL , what does it mean? -- the name that
is.",  http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.legal/11173
.

I'm hoping this is the gig where I break into film! This week I've
started with Joshua McKenty and Christopher MacGown's Piston Cloud
Computing. My primary role is Advanced Technical Support Lead.

I'm relocating to San Francisco, BC, Canada from Victoria, BC, Canada.
And will be traveling back and forth two weeks at a time until wife
Julia and two incredible young children join me here in March. I still
have lots to do before... I can get paid ;-)

You can find out more about me with a web search on my names, or foolswisdom.

Cheers,
Lloyd

--
1. Legal name until I more recently reverted to my birth name.

2. Originally "Genius Bar", that SM encumbered name not being my idea ;-)

3. Dual rendering engine with live switching -- cookies, history and
all: Mozilla Gecko (Firefox) & Microsoft Trident (IE). It almost made
sense at the time in 2004, where many sites still only worked well on
IE. It was before I came on board, but I'm told the team had to fight
to get the Gecko engine included at all -- imagine what that would
have been, a Netscape with zarro mozilla code.

Follow ups