Re: Database stuff

2011/11/29 Chris Behrens <chris.behrens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> e) sounds good as long as we don't remove the ability to joinload up
> front.  Sometimes we need to join.  Sometimes we can be lazy.  With
> 'list instances with details', we need to get all instances from the
> DB and join network information in a single DB query.  Doing 1 + (n*x)
> DB queries to support a 'nova list' will not be acceptable when it can
> be done in 1 query today.

That's a fair point. Does my proposal (addressed to Vish on this list a
couple of minutes ago) solve this for you? In short, for the situations
where you need stuff joined, we have a separate method for that. If a db
driver can make this request more efficiently, that's great. If it
can't, there's a slow, simple fallback.

--
Soren Hansen        | http://linux2go.dk/
Ubuntu Developer    | http://www.ubuntu.com/