Re: using objects returned from DB layer

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011, Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>      2. However, I violently disagree with the idea that the DB layer
>         must return dicts.  It does not, even if you start talking about
>         allowing use of other kinds of databases.  We can, and should,
>         wrap these things in objects, upon which we can call methods
>         that do things—i.e., we should, you know, actually use
>         object-oriented programming.

What kinds of things?

I'm not against returning back a standardized object that provides
__getattr__ so we don't have to use dict notation. Any database backend
can do something similar easily.

I'm just trying to better understand what is object-oriented about the
data returned from a database? What methods would we want to use?

JE