[subteams] Blueprint Targetting

Hello Everyone,

I'm on vacation this week, but I want to give everyone a kick in the pants to get your blueprints assigned and targeted to essex 3.  We really need to focus on stability in this release, so I don't want any feature changes going in past January 26th.  That will give us 2 solid months to stabilize and bugfix, do performance testing, etc.

We had two essential features that lagged at the end of essex-2 and I had to go in and manually update them so that we could get them in in time.  Lets stay ahead of the curve on this one. There are a number of Essential, High, and Medium priority blueprints that don't have someone assigned to them.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/disk-configuration-parity
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/admin-account-actions
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/bursting
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/host-aggregates
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/isci-chap
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/transaction-orchestration
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/unit-test-db
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/upgrade-with-minimal-downtime

See the rest here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova

Some of these are cleanup and testing related and can be done in e-4, but most of them need to go in now.

We have very few blueprints targeted right now. I know that there is work being done, so I have to assume that blueprints aren't being kept up to date, or people are working on other features that we haven't captured in blueprints.

Subteam leads, please go through your respective blueprints and target them.  If you can't find someone to do the work in the blueprint, ask on the mailing list, or downgrade the priority of the blueprint. Finally please keep the blueprints up to date with the work that is actually being done.

Thanks,
Vish