First Melange Milestone Release

I am pleased to announce that the first Melange milestone release is now available. This release has been vetted with the E2 releases of Quantum and Nova. You can find the release tarball along with more information about the Melange project at:

http://launchpad.net/melange

Melange is an incubated OpenStack project that is primarily focused on providing robust and flexible IP address management for OpenStack services. We have also expanded to handle additional network information such as MAC address allocation and static route tracking as. Our initial target has been on Nova/Quantum integration. Melange can currently be used with Nova through the QuantumManager network option.

Our near term focus is to improve the packaging by separating the Melange client code into a separate repo, enhancing our documentation and improving the scalability of the system. We are interested in getting more feedback and requirements for future development work. So, fire away!

Troy