Re: Openstack + XCP (both on SID): XenAPI python script failing

On 01/01/2012 03:23 AM, Ewan Mellor wrote:
> The operation it's trying to perform is high up your callstack, at vmops.py line 826.  It's deciding whether to do a VDI.resize or a VDI.resize_online, based on the host version number.  This is because the VDI.resize_online feature was removed in XenServer 6.0.
>
> How is XCP advertising itself in host.software_version?  We will have to update the version check to cover XCP too.  At the moment, it's just checking whether host.software_version['product_version'] is 6.0 or above, which is appropriate for XenServer but not XCP.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ewan.

Ewan,

Thanks for your help, now it does really work!

What I had to do was hacking in
/usr/share/pyshared/nova/virt/xenapi_conn.py line 473. Since this
function fails (eg: python stack dump), I hacked the return of a version
using:

return (5, 10, 3)

as you told me it needed version 6, once I replaced the 5 by a 6, my XCP
instanced got started successfully by nova! :)

Now, we got to fix this hack into a real fix, and release this in SID.
Do you know why get_product_version() in xenapi_conn.py fails?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)