[Glance] Decision to defer 2.0 Images API implementation to F release series

Happy New Year, Stackers!

This is a quick note to announce that I made the decision over the
last week to defer implementation of the proposed OpenStack Images API
2.0 [1] in Glance to the "F" release series (Foxtrot?).

While we had a lot of excellent feedback on the 2.0 API proposal, it
was overly optimistic to expect that we would be able to complete the
implementation of this new API in Glance by the E3 milestone.

Therefore, I have untargeted the blueprints associated with the new
2.0 API proposal from the Essex release series. For the remainder of
Essex, the Glance contributor team will focus on:

* Features related to increasing throughput and scalability of Glance
* Bug fixes, particularly in the arena of manageability (cache
management in particular), packaging and upgrades (sql migrations, I'm
looking at you...)
* Moving the functional integration tests out of Glance and into
Tempest where they can be standardized and enhanced
* Improving holes in documentation
* Working with Dan P, Brian L and Jesse A's teams to make sure that
chef, devstack and any other deployment tools have what they need from
Glance
* Building performance, capacity and scalability tests for the images
API specifically
* Adding documentation on best practices for optimal throughput with Glance

Comments and feedback very welcome.

Cheers,
-jay

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/19IapP5ziQp8ISuZIQh_CXVWx2um85T_PiT5hyNviRrE/edit