Re: openstack-common

On Tue, 2012-01-03 at 21:38 +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > As a related note, I'm going to get the current repo moved in to gerrit
> > today or tomorrow.
>
> It's more Jason's call, but I think we're basically asking you to hold
> off on that for a little while. We may decide to start a new repo.

I've got Melange going off a non-master branch from my github repo at
the moment, so we could start with a clean repo and not have to worry
about breaking melange while we figure out the api on our side should
look like after surveying the other projects.

I'm 50/50 on the blank slate approach. I'm leaning towards just taking
what is there as is, and just start refactoring it as needed. Since
melange is running off the other branch, we won't have to worry about
compat at first and can make sweeping changes.

One thing I would like to ask is if we could not use
run_tests.sh/run_tests.py in the jenkins job as I'd like to remove it.
Currently in the setup.cfg there is a note on how to get the same output
(style wise) with nosetests. The only downside is I haven't written a
nose venv plugin yet, but if we move it to tox, then that shouldn't be
needed anyway.

Happy Hacking!

7-11