Re: [OpenStack] OpenStack with Xen

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 9:06 AM, jeffrey coho <jeffreycohobupt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>    Does the nova-compute DomU need to be a PV guest?

Yes, I think so. I don't know if it is possible to expose that to an
HVM guest. You could ask on the Xen mailing lists.

> I have it now on a HVM guest,which it is causing the problem
>  Errno 2: No such file or directory: '/sys/hypervisor/uuid'.
>
> If so ,what should i do if i still want to use this HVM without reinstalling
> everything again on a PV guest?Thanks.

You can convert an HVM guest to a PV guest although there is several
subtle steps (especially for XenServer/XCP guests) that I can't recall
off the top of my head, but If you ask on the Xen lists and Xen IRC
you will likely get some pointers.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Todd