Re: Can't pimg

In my experience this usually this means you have forgotten to set up a security group - you need to run euca-authorize / nova secgroup commands. By default
there is no network access.

                Gavin

From: openstack-bounces+gavin.brebner=hp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openstack-bounces+gavin.brebner=hp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Leander Bessa
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:08 PM
To: openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Openstack] Can't pimg

Hello,

I'm having trouble accessing the instances that are being launched. I have two nodes a controller and a compute. They are both running Ubuntu 11.10 (64bits) and using KVM as hypervisor. When i launch an instance, i can see the instances is launched with the command euca-describe-instances, however i can neither ping or ssh into it through the controller node.  I've checked the nova-network and nova-manage logs and didn't find anything out of the ordinary. I've also check the libvirt logs in the compute node and can't seem to find anything wrong with it.

Previously i had a single node with qemu and everything worked fine. Now that i switched to a multi-node environment with KVM things stopped working. The controller has the ip 192.168.82.24 and the compute 192.168.111.220. Floating range for public IPs is 192.168.111.236-240.

Any ideas?

The controller the following nova.conf file:
--daemonize=1
--dhcpbridge_flagfile=/etc/nova/nova.conf
--dhcpbridge=/usr/bin/nova-dhcpbridge
--logdir=/var/log/nova
--state_path=/var/lib/nova
--verbose
--libvirt_type=kvm
--sql_connection=mysql://root:nova@192.168.82.24/nova<http://root:nova@192.168.82.24/nova>
--s3_host=192.168.82.24
--rabbit_host=192.168.82.24
--ec2_host=192.168.82.24
--ec2_dmz_host=192.168.82.24
--ec2_url=http://192.168.82.24:8773/services/Cloud
--fixed_range=10.1.1.0/24<http://10.1.1.0/24>
--network_size=64
--num_networks=1
--FAKE_subdomain=ec2
--public_interface=eth0
--state_path=/var/lib/nova
--lock_path=/var/lock/nova
--glance_host=192.168.82.24
--image_service=nova.image.glance.GlanceImageService
--glance_api_servers=192.168.82.24:9292<http://192.168.82.24:9292>
--vlan_start=100
--vlan_interface=eth1
--iscsi_ip_prefix=192.168.

[...]