Re: BSaaS project status

Hi,

This was not a governance decision.  AFAIK Lunr is still under development, but will exposed to openstack as a backend to the existing nova-volume code. We have made significant progress during the Essex release at separating out nova-volumes so that it can be branched into its own project.  The first stage has been to expose a separate api endpoint. The api is being drafted here:
http://jorgew.github.com/block-storage-api/content/

Next we need a client/cli to interact with the api.  I've started working on one here:
https://github.com/vishvananda/python-cinderclient

(Note: the code-name choice of cinder, which I really like, but may need to be vetted by others when it splits into its own project)

Finally we need to do some lower level separation to pull the code into its own repository.  I think this should be doable with a few weeks of work and I was going to suggest that we do it in F* at the design summit.

Vish