Re: has anyone tried devstack this morning

Gabriel

As a control experiment I ran devstack on a fresh vm using non Quantum

Observations:

*         When I try to add a rule for a security group, it goes back to
the main screen without remaining in the security group view.

*         When I instantiate a vm, horizone goes from scheduling to
error to scheduling to error .... And so on

*         We do get ip addresses

(nova.rpc): TRACE:   File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/compute/manager.py",
line 378, in _run_instance

(nova.rpc): TRACE:     injected_files, admin_password)

(nova.rpc): TRACE:   File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/compute/manager.py",
line 511, in _spawn

(nova.rpc): TRACE:     network_info, block_device_info)

(nova.rpc): TRACE:   File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/exception.py", line 126,
in wrapped

(nova.rpc): TRACE:     return f(*args, **kw)

(nova.rpc): TRACE:   File
"/opt/stack/nova/nova/virt/libvirt/connection.py", line 679, in spawn

(nova.rpc): TRACE:     domain = self._create_new_domain(xml)

(nova.rpc): TRACE:   File
"/opt/stack/nova/nova/virt/libvirt/connection.py", line 1253, in
_create_new_domain

(nova.rpc): TRACE:     domain = self._conn.defineXML(xml)

(nova.rpc): TRACE:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libvirt.py",
line 1708, in defineXML

(nova.rpc): TRACE:     if ret is None:raise
libvirtError('virDomainDefineXML() failed', conn=self)

(nova.rpc): TRACE: libvirtError: operation failed: domain
'instance-00000002' already exists with uuid
522521ff-fabf-52ce-9093-0fcb745acd90

I am trying to get a working version of devstack without quantum 1st,
then try quantum to see what breaks etc. Else we will keep chasing too
many threads. Could you please help with the devstack sans quantum par t
of the experiment.

debo